Friday, March 14, 2008

News from the Gurkin Household

So, if you haven't already heard, Sharon and I may be moving. I hope we don't have to, but it is a possibility. My research advisor told us last Thursday that he has two offers from other universities to move his research. One option is UVA; the other is Iowa State. I'll find out if he's accepted either offer or NCSU's counter-offer in the middle of next week. We'll then have to make a decision on where to move (either move ourselves or me move to a new research group). Due to the unique nature of the research, it would be difficult to switch groups and not lose (or at least partially lose) the ~2 years of research I have done. My advisor is very kind and gracious. He understands the difficulty that this is to all the group members, especially to Sharon and me. I told him that Sharon needed one more year of ILT teaching to have her full NC teaching license and he thought that maybe he could leave us behind for a year and then move!! His willingness to work with people is one of the qualities I especially admire about him. Please be in prayer for us as we go through this process during the next few weeks. I'll let you know when something is official.

That's all for now...

No comments: