Good morning - I am feeling purple (which is alittle past blue). I don't know why exactly. Steve got home a day earlier than usual this week. We are going to Wilmington on Sunday to move Mandy to her house. She signed a year's lease and has a wonderful roommate. Sharon has 2 interviews today and will have a birthday tomorrow. (Happy Birthday, Sharon) Muffin is great. She cleaned Caroline's feet and Mr EH's shoes this week. (I think Mr EH REALLY likes her.) The child support "issue" has kinda sunk in. So...see...I don't know exactly what it is.
I will meet with Mr EH and the monument people tomorrow. I am feeling alot better about him. First, Caroline helped him clean out the cabinets and refrig - science experiments are now gone. I think he is ready to take care of some things. Caroline was very pleased with him - He talked about Mama several times and didn't cry. THAT is an improvement. He will have pizza with the Cancer Center staff on Monday. That is something he has been wanting to do. Caroline worked with Pizza Inn, told them the "story", and they are giving him a great deal. That will mark that off his mental list. Saturday when we finalize the monument - that will also take a big item off his mental list. I think things like that will help. He is getting invitations to eat out alot which is good. AND the greatest thing of all - the GM Card came this week and he is now using it. I thought I was going to have to go to the corporate headquarters to pick it up. We are up to date on the thank you notes from the funeral. And all the accounts have been taken care of. Caroline contacted AFLAC and hopefully that will be moving along soon.
So I was thinking...how about a golfcart for Mr EH for Christmas, etc? I need to know who is in on it so Steve can start looking. Caroline rode him around on mine. I think it would be much safer for him than the 4 wheeler. He could use it to get the mail or ride to the graveyard, etc.
I am going to set up a list for "checking out" Mama's books. As Caroline, pointed out - if neighbors or church members ask to borrow books, it will make them feel better about signing them out if they see we are signing them out too. Eventually, I hope everyone agrees that we donate them to Maple Grove...but that is sometime off. We are going to start pulling some stuff together to donate to Piney Grove's yard sale. Mother kept EVERYTHING. Maybe we can do it together - but if not, whoever helps - we will make a list and let everyone approve before donation - but it will be Mr EH's final decision. But it is something Mr EH really wants to do.
I miss everybody. Say a prayer that my purple goes away. Say a prayer for Sharon's interviews. Oh, Happy Birthday to you too Chuck.
So does anyone else have time to Blog???
Love - Beth
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment